Avast Me Hearties! Rohrbach Library’s open house will take place on September 17th from 10-4. Come explore our building and our resources (human, physical, and digital) and have some fun at our pirate-themed photo booth area.
This year’s treasure chest holds over $700 in prizes including a GoPro Hero camera as our grand prize!
We will have goodies and giveaways around the library on the 17th from 10-4. KU students who accurately complete our 10-question orientation form are also entered into a prize drawing. Top Prize is a GoPro Hero camera! Other prizes include:
- Dominos Pizza: Two gift cards for large pizzas
- Dunkin Donuts: $10 Gift Card
- Erbs Electric: $25.00 Gift Card
- Firefly Bookstore: coming soon
- Giant: $25.00 Gift Card
- Giannotti Restaurant: $25.00 Gift Card
- Heat Waves: (tanning) $10.00 Gift Card
- Mark’s Sandwich Shop: $10 gift card
- Nooks and Crannies:$25.00 Gift Card
- Ozgoods Restaurant:$25.00 Gift Card
- Paisley & Company: coming soon
- Pop’s Malt Shop: coming soon
- Quality Shop: $10.00 Gift Card
- Radius: Gift Set
- Spuds: $10 gift cards
- Super Cuts: Two certificates for a free hair cut
- Tommy Boys: Gift Cards for large pizzas
- Uptown Espresso: Three $10.00 Gift Cards
- Weis Market: FIVE $10.00 gift cards
Special thanks to all of our business who have donated prizes for this event. We appreciate your generosity!!!
Participation: Anyone can participate in this event, but only KU students are eligible for the prize drawing. If you are a professor or group who would like to use this event for course credit or as a student organization requirement, there will be a place on the student form for course or organization information. Once we compile all the forms, we will let you know which of your students participated. Please let us know if you will be offering/requiring participation, though. It helps us to know how many forms to print.
Due Date: This year, students will have until Monday, September 21st at 4p.m. to turn in the orientation forms. This allows students several days to print and complete the questions if they couldn’t make it to the open house, and it gives them a chance at participation credit and/or the prize drawing!