Date & Time: April 16th from 10:30-11:30
Place: Rohrbach Library
Details: As part of KU’s celebration of both International Week and National Library Week, we welcome members of Kutztown University and surrounding communities to come hear about libraries located around the world. Our panelists will discuss their combined knowledge about international library systems in the following places: Zimbabwe, Botswana, the UK, Peru, Scotland, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, and the United States. The panelists are:
* Stephanie Steely: KU Librarian. Full year of work and research at an academic library in Edinburgh, Scotland.
* Scott Harkless: KU student. Library Science major. Full summer internship at US Library of Congress. Extensive research on China’s public library history.
* Dr. Javier Cevallos: KU President. Scholar of Spanish-language literature. Native of Ecuador. Graduate of universities in Puerto Rico and the U.S.
* Katharine Mannai: Kutztown Elementary School librarian. Two years in Doha, Qatar coordinating library services for the Academic Bridge Program.
* Martha Stevenson: KU Library Director. Working trips with ALA/IFLA to help establish libraries in Botswana and Zimbabwe. Employed at midwifery library in the UK.
* Rachel McCullough: Northwest Branch Manager of the Reading Public Library. Just returned from a two month internship at an academic library in Switzerland.
The moderator is Frank Kasprowicz, Director of the Reading Public Library and host of Inside Berks Libraries on BCTV.