The Library’s open house will take place on September 23rd from 10-4. Come explore our building and our resources and meet our librarians and staff. So far, we have over $300 in prizes including the grand prize: a Kindle Fire tablet!!!
We will have goodies and giveaways around the library on the 23rd, and for students who complete our 10-question orientation form, there is a chance at prizes!!! The prize list is still growing, but so far it includes a Kindle Fire, a $25 gift card to our campus book store, library merchandise, and the following donated prizes from local businesses:
- Firefly Bookstore: $25 gift card
- Giant: $25 gift card
- Image Hair Studio: coupon for free haircut
- La Cocina Mexicana: $5 gift card
- Mark’s Sandwich Shop: Two free sandwich coupons
- Pop’s Malt Shop: coupon for a free cheeseburger and fries basket
- Second Nature Health Food Store – A set of four health/diet books (over $50 value)
- Spuds: TWO $10 gift cards
- Uncle Joe’s: $20 gift card
- Weis Market: $10 gift card
Special thanks to all of our business who have donated prizes for this event. We appreciate your generosity!!!
If you are a business owner who is able to donate a prize, please contact Karen Wanamaker 610-683-4709.
Participation: Anyone can participate in this event, but only KU students are eligible for the prizes. If you would like to use this event for course credit or as a student organization requirement, there will be a place on the student form for course or organization information. Once we compile all the forms, we will let you know which of your students participated. Please let us know if you will be offering/requiring participation, though. It helps us to know how many forms to print.
Due Date: This year, students will have until Friday to turn in the orientation forms, opening up participation beyond our official open house day! This gives interested students several days to complete the questions and still have a chance at participation credit and/or the prize drawing!
Two other events are happening in the library on the same day as our open house.
- Fast Pass to Learning – Sponsored by the Department of Academic Enrichment, Fast Pass to Learning takes place at the second floor atrium area from 10:30am-12:30pm. Students can learn some quick study tips and get some goodies.
- Scholastic Book Fair – Sponsored by ABA, the Library Science Fraternity on campus, the Scholastic Book Fair is located near the coffee shop on the first floor. Profits from the sale support the Library Science Collection as well as ABA activities.